Shannon grew up on a farm outside of Drummond, Oklahoma as the oldest of four children. Raised in the Salem United Methodist Church in Drummond, baptized as an infant and confirmed in that church. She attended and was a leader in that congregation up until she became a pastor, but also helped with a UMC church plant during seminary and also attended Wesley UMC in OKC on the weekends that she did not return to Drummond.
Shannon is a dog mom to a five-year-old Chiweenie (with a dash of Yorkie) named Zacchaeus “Zach”, also known as “The Pastor’s Pup”.
OKLAHOMA CITY UNIVERSITY CLASS OF 2010 – BACHELOR OF ARTS IN RELIGION
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Religion
- Graduated with a minor in German
- Member of Kappa Phi, a women’s Christian service organization, and the Wesley Student Center Campus Ministry
- Member of Blue Key Honor Society and Theta Alpha Kappa Religious Studies Honor Society
- Wimberly School of Religion Women’s Leadership Award
- 2009-2010 Wimberly School of Religion Outstanding Senior Award
SAINT PAUL SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY AT OCU CLASS OF 2013 – MASTER OF DIVINITY
- Graduated with a Wesleyan Studies Concentration