Who We Are And What To Expect
Here are a few things you can expect when you come to OUMC:
1) A welcoming place for children: We have nursery for those 2 and under, Sunday school for children of all ages at 9:40am, and Children’s Worship during part of the 11am service. Children are welcome to be in the 8:30am and 11am worship services as we welcome the sounds of children. We also have a feeding/changing/rocking room available if you desire. On Wednesday nights during the school year we have groups for kids of all ages beginning at 5:30pm with dinner. In the summer we have Vacation Bible School and special kids events such as a Saturday at the Splash Pad, Movie nights, and church camps. Check the church calendar for details or contact our Children and Youth Director at the church.
2) A welcoming place for youth: Youth are welcome in worship and also in leadership through music, speaking, and leading prayer. We have youth Sunday school classes at 9:40am. During the school year, we have Wednesday night youth activities at 5:30pm beginning with dinner. We have youth mission opportunities, church camps, lock-ins, and study groups. The youth are invited to serve on all committees that make the church run. We see the youth not only as the leaders of tomorrow but the leaders of today! Check our church calendar for details or contact our Children and Youth Director at the church.
3) A welcoming place for adults of all ages: Yes, we love adults, too! We worship together, learn together, offer praise and prayer together, laugh and cry together. We serve together and share the Word through our lives together. Come for worship at 8:30am (traditional) or 11am (contemporary) with a special all church blended service at 11am on those special 5th Sundays of the month. Take your pick from a variety of Sunday school classes at 9:40am. We also have United Methodist Men, United Methodist Women and Mission opportunities galore! Check the church calendar for details.
4) A welcoming place at the table. When we have Holy Communion on the first Sunday of the month, you are invited to take part in this sacrament. Christ’s Communion table is open to all people.
what we do
A Place To Worship
8:30am - Traditional
11:00am - Contemporary
A Place To Learn
Wednesdays @ 5:30pm
Children Are A Gift From God
News & Upcoming Events
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONNECT
“Our goal – to make an impact upon our community by sharing God’s love… one person at a time.”
– Reverend Dr. Jennifer Long